|Red Curry Noodle Stir-fry||
Recipe Type: Main
While this recipe is fun with lots of different ingredients offering layered flavors, simplified versions can work well if you need to reduce prep time. Like most of our recipes, this recipe is offered as a starting point, something to help you explore. Diced chicken or pork can be substituted for the shrimp. Just make sure you keep the vegetables you like best.
- 1 pack (about 12 oz) of fine dry rice vermicelli
- 1/2 cup Martin’s red curry sauce
- 1 cup water or low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (low-sodium or regular)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced thin
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small bunch green onions, sliced thin
- 1 tomato, diced
- Soak the rice vermicelli in hot water until softened (about 8 to 10 minutes) then remove the noodles from the water. The softened noodles go in toward the end of cooking, but they should be ready and waiting.
- Mix the red curry sauce, water or broth, sugar, and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Some ingredients need to be cooked briefly alone in the pan before coming together with the other ingredients, so get set up by placing a medium or large bowl beside the stove and heating a wok or large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add a little oil to the hot pan and then scramble the egg, chopping it up with your heat-proof spatula or spoon as it cooks. Move the scrambled egg to the bowl to wait.
- Saute the mushrooms and green onion in the pan until the mushrooms are soft. Move the mushrooms and onions to the bowl with the egg.
- Saute the celery in the pan for two minutes. Then, add the bell pepper and cook for two more minutes. Pour the celery and bell pepper in with the egg, onions, and mushrooms. From this point on, everything will build in the pan and all the pieces will come together.
- Make sure there is a little oil in the hot pan and saute the shrimp until just barely done (pink and opaque).
- Add the tomato and the egg, onion, mushrooms, celery, and bell pepper from the bowl. Cook for one minute, stirring.
- Add the noodles, then pour the sauce mixture over the top and stir everything together. As soon as all the ingredients are hot, the noodle stir-fry is ready.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe